Hydraulic pitch system for wind turbines
The pitch system is used to adjust the pitch angle of the rotor blades in wind turbines in order to set the optimum blade position to match the wind direction. This optimizes the energy yield and at the same time reduces the mechanical load on the wind turbine, thereby extending its service life.
In a hydraulic pitch drive, the angles of the rotor blades are adjusted by hydraulic cylinders. This is located directly in the rotating hub of the wind turbine. The system solution from HAWE consists of the cylinders, hydraulic accumulators, control blocks with a highly dynamic and precise proportional valve, directional control valves and pressure valves. If required, this is supplemented with the necessary piping, hoses and fittings.
Features and benefits:
- Easy installation
- Customized solutions for any size of wind turbine generator
- High stability with a service life of up to 20 years
- Reliable function even under "cold climate" conditions
- Controlled and damped blade angle adjustment
- Shortest possible stopping time during emergency stops
Areas of application: