Requirements for the safety of machines are increasing worldwide and are continuously being harmonised. One of the fundamental standards for the machinery sector is ISO 13849, which specifies how the requirements for safe controls can be met by machine manufacturers. This white paper provides practical assistance for the implementation of the standard in the hydraulics sector by means of concrete practical examples, step-by-step instructions, and definitions of the most important terms.
- Safety functions and their specifications
- Categories of (sub-)system
- MTTFD and CCF as central parameters
- Application examples for safety sub-functions
- The verification of safety sub-functions - step by step
- Brief explanation of the most important terms