In total, HAWE Cares was able to raise a total of $923. All proceeds raised went to the March of Dimes whose mission is to improve the health of babies by prevention birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. Premature birth affects about 380,000 babies in the United States. The funds raised support research and programs that help mothers have full-term pregnancies and babies begin healthy lives.
Projects at HAWE North America
The Cancer Resource Center’s primary goal is to deliver professional, compassionate assistance to cancer patients, their families, caregivers and the community. They provide timely information, referral to service and resources and emotional support. HAWE Hydraulik is proud to support The Cancer Resource Center and The Levine Cancer Institute and would like to thank all of our employees and their families who decided to make a difference by donating to this very worth-well cause.
The 335 Heart Foundation, founded by HAWE’s Kristina Smith, provides timely and accessible financial support to children afflicted with a critical CHD and their families. 98% of all fundraising proceeds go directly to support programs that help families in need. The remaining 2% is used to fund basic operating costs such as liability insurance, website and a PO Box.
The work done by Habitat volunteers reduces the purchase price of these homes by ~20%. The labor of volunteers and partner families, efficient building methods, modest house sizes, and no-profit loans make it affordable for low-income families to purchase Habitat houses.
Learn more about Habitat for Humanity: http://www.habitat.org/about
The mission of the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute the toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community.This should help less fortunate children experience the joy of Christmas and unite all members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign.
Learn more about toys for tots here.