Directional spool valves are a common component in control systems. The technology is well-known and tried and tested. This white paper intends to demonstrate specifically that directional seated valves can handle the same control tasks while at the same time offering multiple opportunities to cut costs. Switching to them holds great appeal, particularly in view of the pressure to reduce energy consumption, to minimise costs-over-life and to optimally design the required package space.
- Design and operating principle of seated valves
- Drawbacks of the spool valve design
- Disproving the typical preconceptions about directional seated valves 3
- Applications relying successfully on directional seated valves
- Available designs and technical data